Our Wearable Waste Fashion Show.

On Tuesday we brought things from home that we didn’t need anymore to school for our fashion show that was to happen on Thursday.

We brought old cardboard boxes, plastics, magazines, feathers, coke bottles, string and so much more. I felt exuberant about creating a dress out of recycled materials.

First, I drew the design of my dress. I started collecting the materials that I needed. I used foil with grey and green stripes and zigzags. I glued together the foil to make my top and then my skirt. I thought my project was easy but it was actually hard. It took me a few hours to finish it.

I was happy with my creation. But Samantha found a bag full of white  popcorn foam and then I had an idea of sticking some on to my dress. It looked amazing!  

On Thursday, it was the day of the fashion show. I felt nervous, scared and excited at the same time. Mr Bell told us we only had five minutes to change into our costumes and dresses. That was the time that I got really really really really really nervous! Some people had partners to walk with during the fashion parade. My partner was Francheska. We both looked like beautiful princesses in our dresses.

I had so much fun creating my wearable art using recycled materials like foil and white popcorn foam and walking on the runway. I wish we could do it again sometime soon or maybe next year.