Our Sailing Day

Last Thursday, Room 6 and Room 7 walked down to Panmure Basin for sailing. Room 7 went first. While Room 6 waited, we did some activities. It was really fun!

At first, I was nervous  because I didn’t want to jump into the water. When Room 7 finished sailing, it was our turn to sail. I was scared because I wasn’t confident in the water.

Scot was my partner to help me sail the boat. We had to wear a life jacket so that if we fall off we don’t drown. I felt horrified when we went on the boat because it nearly tipped over. The waves were rocking the boat back and forth.

I was holding the rope for the sail to follow the direction of the wind and to make the boat go faster or slower. Scot was holding the rudder to make the boat go straight, right or left. We were told to follow the speed boats. Then the sailing teacher threw some rubber duckies and we had to try and catch them before the other boats caught them.

The boom hit my hat off my head and I got startled. In my mind I said, “OH MY GOSH!” Then I started laughing. It was hilarious!  When the waves started to get bigger, the boat started to go wobbly. I screamed and Scot called me a Scaredy Cat. I was mad at him!

I really had a fun day at sailing. I wish we could do it again soon.